1 Şubat 2012 Çarşamba

Personal Connection / X-Ray vs. Stanley








While Stanley was digging his second hole in 'the lake', he found a fossil of a fish, which probably used to live in the lake.He found it interesting and he thought, if the Warden finds it interesting, he'll get a day off.That's what he was told on the very first day at the camp.Before Mr. Pendanski filled his canteen with water showed Stanley the fossil to him hoping to get a day off.Actually he sounded really pathetic to me in this scene.He was very demotivated after he learned that the Warden isn't interested in fossils.But the actual thing I want to write about today is the deal between X-Ray(Rex) and Caveman.To summarize, X-Ray told Caveman to give the things that he finds while digging, because X-Ray is the one who has been at the camp for almost a year and he should be the one who gets a day off.Our newbie agrees this deal in order to avoid a disagreement with X-Ray.For him, it is more important to make good impressions instead of getting a day off.


Until I read this conversation, I was considering X-Ray as the future best friend of Stanley.But now I realized that X-Ray cares more about his benefits than getting along with the other kids.That was kind of disturbing for me to make a false guess about him, because I mentioned about the honest friendship in my first entry.I can't blame Stanley because of his behaviour.I know that in prison(I also know that Camp Green Lake is not a prison.) you need to be compatible to survive.But considering the camp, he should be more aggressive and politic in order to protect his rights.


If I was Stanley, I would react way differently than the real Stanley.As we know, the Caveman is the newest but the biggest member of the group D.However X-Ray is the smallest, he is like in charge of them.At camp experience is more important but I think that I would try to pull the wires, at least I would want to be paid attention.To achieve this authority he should watch his back and keep his relationships good with other members.That's how he can survive the camp time without suffering.

385 Words

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder